Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fast Five with ... Jodi from Che and Fidel

Jodi from Che and Fidel is one inspirational lady! She is a writer and pre-natal yoga teacher with the two cutest kidlets you ever did see. When I started reading her blog I fell in serious love with her project to post a portrait of her children once a week, every week. Those photos are amazing and can you imagine what a wonderful gift that will be for them when they are grown? I think it's brilliant. Jodi is a woman who blogs from the heart and you really do need to go and take a peek at Che and Fidel if you aren't already a regular visitor. Go on, go now. I'll wait...


In the meantime, here is my Fast Five with Jodi...

1) What is your favourite piece of art work currently displayed in your home/studio?  The chalk drawings on the blackboard wall in my kitchen. A collection of spontaneous lines, shapes, letters and numbers by my four-year-old.
2) Which blog do you NEVER skip reading (no matter how busy, crook, cranky you are)? I recently stepped into the home of Michelle from hugo & elsa - I think I've read every post she's ever written so it was an absolute pleasure to meet her in person. She had picked apples from her tree the day before we visited and made apple sauce for Poet to eat. While we were there she made plum jam and served it up on Rayburn sourdough toast - oh the memories. She is beautiful, generous and kind and her blog is my taste of country Tasmania when I can't be there myself.  
3) Where is your favourite place to get coffee and/or eggs + bacon and/or pancakes? We are homebodies so we like to buy takeaway coffee and sip it at home while eating a home-made breakfast (our favourite is lemon-scented pancakes). We have started looking into buying our own coffee machine and grinder...one day we'll make a decision.
4) What is your favourite font? Anything handwritten - I like seeing words threaded together.
5) What is your favourite city to travel to? I'll admit that I'm definitely not a city girl. But in saying that I've spent two very short stints in Melbourne and I love it for its quirk, style and food. We've just booked a 10 day trip there in May and we can't wait. Melbourne, here we come!

Jodi, I think I can smell those lemon-scented pancakes from here and they smell good!  :-)

Photo by Tim Coulson, courtesy of Che and Fidel.

6 comments:

  1. Jodi never fails to relax me. There is something so luxurious and langid about her words and her blog. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've hit the nail right on the head! Her words and pictures are a calming presence on these here interwebs!

      Delete
  2. I am relatively new to Jodi's space...I love to visit often even if there isn't a new post! There is something about how she writes... I am meeting her when she comes to Melbourne, cannot wait! xx Tam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean Tamara!

      Delete
  3. I adore jodi, her gentle, organic nature and parenting always gives a lift when I need. Many a night has been spent going back and reading old posts, she truly has a gift 'threading' her words together x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does indeed - I'm not a parent, but I have a feeling that if I ever head down that road, I'll be perusing her archives quite a bit!

      Delete

Aw, you commented - thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...